Volunteers are an integral aspect of running Art City. Without volunteers we would cease to exist. Volunteers allow for greater diversity within our organization. They serve as mentors to the children who attend our daily programs.
Time: Tue, Wed, Fri 4:00-6:00pm, Sat. 11:30am – 1:30pm & 2:00pm-4:00pm
Location: 545 Sherbourne St. Unit 4, St. James Town, Downtown Toronto
About the Art City in St. James Town:
Art City is a non for profit community arts organization, committed to providing free and accessible multidisciplinary art programmers, that foster creative thinking, and nurtures self esteem and personal accomplishment for children living in St. James Town.
Art City is seeking volunteers to help with artists/art educators in art programs for children ages 6-13. The volunteer positions are ideal for people who have a passion for art and want experience working with children. The applicants should have good communication skills, strong organizational abilities and are able to commit one day a week for 13 weeks.
Role of Volunteers
- Assist artists with running workshops
- Help children with artwork and homework
- Help set up studio for the workshop that is to take place
- Clean studio after the workshop is finished
- Assist in making snack for children
- Supervise children on breaks
- Be a positive role model for children attending Art City
- MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN!!!!
Interested candidates please email email@example.com with “volunteer” in the subject line along with your resume.
Visit us on all social media @ArtCityToronto